One of the things you’ve told us is there are resources and expertise in the community that schools can tap into to support learning. Some school districts, such as Peace River North, are doing this already.
How can schools partner with community members and organizations to create meaningful learning experiences? Why might this be important?
Summary to date:
Here’s a summary of what you’ve said so far. Click on the links beside each theme to read supporting examples.
- Partner with Libraries/Libraries as a conduit (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- Enhance partnerships between schools and the community are a good thing (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Bring retirees/experts into the schools (1, 2,3, 4)
- Have students perform work terms to learn trades, skills, gain experience (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Additional overlap between schools and community not wanted/impossible (1, 2, 3)
- Create cross-ministry strategies (1)
Please leave a comment below if you’d like to contribute to this topic.