Thanks to everyone who participated in the Parliamentary Secretary’s Twitter Town Hall. Click here to download a full archive of the conversation.
For a snapshot of some of the conversations that took place please read our Storify article at the link below:
As a parent, we know you’re passionate about your child’s education. We know you’d like to be more involved in it as well. Join Parliamentary Secretary for Student Support and Parent Engagement Jane Thornthwaite for a live Twitter discussion on how we can better communicate with parents so they can support their child’s learning.
How the Twitter chat will work
- Parliamentary Secretary for Student Support and Parent Engagement Jane Thornthwaite (@jthornthwaite) will discuss parent engagement by asking questions and seeking ideas for improving how we communicate with parents.
- Ministry of Education staff will help moderate the chat via the @bcedplan Twitter account. Their job is to ensure the conversation runs smoothly, stays on topic and is on time. They will also provide a detailed summary of the conversation after the Twitter chat.
How to participate
- To follow the conversation go to https://twitter.com/search?q=%23bcparent or enter #bcparent into your chosen Twitter client (e.g., Hootsuite, TweetDeck, or Tweet Chat). This will give you the feed of all the tweets for our event.
- To tweet a question or a comment you will need to have your own Twitter account.
- Please address your tweets to the Parliamentary Secretary by including @jthornthwaite in them. Be sure to include the hashtag #bcparent in your tweets as well. If you don’t your tweets won’t appear in our feed and we can’t respond. Your tweets won’t appear in our archive of the event either.
- When responding to a tweet, please use the “reply” button to ensure conversations remain threaded.
See you next Tuesday!